2nd Quarter 2015 Market Report for the Greater Charlottesville area from the Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors® (CAAR) Highlights:
– Closed sales in the Greater Charlottesville area up significantly 12.0% versus last year, with the 959 closed sales, marking the highest quarterly tally since 2007.
– Median sales price for the region increased 2.1% from Q2-2014, rising from $276,500 to $282,220.
– Half of the homes sold in the 2nd Quarter were on the market 33 days or less, the lowest median days-on market since 2006.
– On average, sellers received 95.8% of original list price, up from 95.1% last year and the highest level since 2007.
– Active inventory is now 11.5% lower than last year, while purchase activity is high and new listings coming online are stable to 2014 levels.